Though weddings typically place more of an emphasis on the bride and her family, the Mother-Son Dance is a lovely opportunity to give the groom’s family some special attention and grant mother-of-the-groom and son a special moment. Choose the perfect song to ensure that the Mother-Son Dance for your groom and your new mother-in-law is that beautiful, touching, memorable experience you envisioned.
Make it Personal
The mother-son dance song is not “one size fits all.” It should represent the relationship between the groom and his mom and reflect their character. Is mom sentimental, soulful, a rocker, a country and western fan, or does she prefer humor? It doesn’t have to be sweet and sappy to be beautiful. It will be meaningful as long as it has meaning for mom and son.
Some moms are pretty nostalgic. If this is the case, look at songs from the year your groom was born. Find out if there’s a favorite from that year that has special meaning for him mom. An old favorite will have the guests emotionally involved as well.
See if something from this list of the 20 Most Popular Mother-Son Wedding Dance songs speaks to your groom and his mom, or just use it for inspiration to select a song that has special meaning for them both.
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) – James Taylor
- Through The Years – Kenny Rogers
- You’ll Be In My Heart – Phil Collins
- You Are The Sunshine Of My Life – Stevie Wonder
- Then They Do – Trace Adkins
- That’s What Mamas Do – Jason Matthews
- Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler
- Stand By Me – Ben E. King
- Have I Told You Lately – Rod Stewart
- Don’t Blink – Kenny Chesney
- Forever Young – Rod Stewart
- You Raise Me Up – Josh Groban
- Over The Rainbow – Israil “Iz” Kamakawiwo’ole
- Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion
- I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack
- Simple Man – Lynyrd Skynryd
- In My Life – The Beatles
- A Song For Mama – Boyz II Men
- What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- My Wish – Rascal Flatts