Ensuring your guests have a great time dancing at your wedding reception takes a bit of planning and preparation, but the great memories are well worth the effort. Here are few tips to help you plan a reception with entertaining dance music for all.
Choose Your Party Atmosphere
Decide whether you want your reception to emulate a nightclub or a family get-together. This plays an important role in choosing music for your reception.
Consider Your Audience and Their Varied Tastes
Naturally you want your music to reflect the taste of you and your new spouse. But if you want to keep the dance floor packed, don’t limit your music selection. Tastes vary and variety is your best bet. Likewise, if you know there are certain songs or genres that will discourage some of your guests from dancing be sure to ban them from your play list.
Ask Your Guests What They Like
When you send out your wedding invitations include a request for a favorite dance song on your reply card. This way, no matter how diverse your guests’ different tastes, you’re sure to have something for everyone.
Create a Do Not Play List
A bad song can ruin the momentum on the dance floor. Ensure this doesn’t happen with a Do Not Play list.
Here’s a list of the Top 20 Requested Wedding Reception Dance Songs for 2013 to get you started. It’s compiled from a survey of wedding DJs across the nation.
- Just Dance – Lady Gaga, featuring Colby O’Donis
- Give Me Everything – Pitbull featuring Afrojack, Nayer & Neyo
- Raise Your Glass – Pink
- Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- Pour Some Sugar on Me – Def Leppard
- We Found Love – Rhihanna, featuring Calvin Harris
- Love Shack – B-52’s
- Cha Cha Slide – DJ Casper
- Single Ladies – Beyonce
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5, featuring Christina Aguilera
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
- Livin’ On a Prayer – Bon Jovi
- You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC
- Cupid Shuffle – Cupid
- Sexy and I Know It – LMFAO
- Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO, featuring Goon Rock & Laura Bennett
- I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
- Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
If you’re looking for a great New Jersey DJ at a great price, call us today.